This policy tells you how we use your personal data when you use our website www.teresasboutique.com or buy our goods or when we provide services to you. This policy is to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained.
Who we are and how you can contact us -
We are Teresa’s Boutique, ADDRESS NEEDED ON COMPANIES HOUSE
You can contact us in writing at the above address or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you would like to speak to us, please call 07849 680234.
When you use our website, you are opting in to receive information from us. If you then change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you at any time, by the contact details above.
The personal data we collect about you -
- Personal data that you provide to us. There are lots of ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you may contact us by email, telephone, or in person in connection with goods or services that you would like to buy, or have already bought, from us. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Personal data about your use of our website. This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated to our website and where you went when you left, what pages or products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
Ways we use your personal data -
Personal data that you provide to us is used to:
- process and respond to any enquiry you make
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- assist us with advising which products are most appropriate for your requirements
- provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences
- manage and administer our business
- review and improve our goods and service
Personal data about your use of our website is used to:
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
More information about how we can or can’t use your data here at Teresa’s Boutique:
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
- we are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you
- we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights
In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
Personal data you are legally obliged to provide -
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data, we may be unable to provide our goods or services to you.
Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it -
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you – this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to by post or email using the details here – Teresa’s Boutique address or email@example.com
You also have rights to:
- prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes
- have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means or to your personal data being used for profiling purposes
- object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress
- restrict our use of your personal data
- require that we delete your personal data
- require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
Automated decision making and profiling -
Teresa’s Boutique do not make use of automated decision making or profiling.
Sharing your personal data with others -
The places we share your data with day-to-day are the following people:
- any business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with goods or services that you have requested from us
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
Ways to keep your personal data safe -
Teresa’s Boutique takes your personal detail very seriously and we ensure it is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
- only storing your personal data on our secure servers
- ensuring that any payments made via the website are encrypted
- ensuring that our staff receive regular data security awareness training
- keeping paper records to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets on our office premises
- maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems
- enforcing a strict policy on the use of mobile devices and out of office working
Please remember that you are responsible for keeping your passwords secure. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not to share your passwords with anyone.
Sending information via the internet is not completely secure and where possible, Teresa’s Boutique will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use the strictest procedures and security features in our control to try to prevent unauthorised access to your data.
Teresa’s Boutique will use your data for marketing purposes as follows:
We will add your details to our marketing database if:
- you make an enquiry about our goods or services (if you opt in to be added to our database)
- you buy our goods or services (if you opt in to be added to our database)
- you have registered an account on our website and have indicated during the sign-up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications
We may send you marketing communications by email if you have consented to this.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we actually need it. In practice this means that:
- if you create an account, your personal data will be stored on the site indefinitely or until you delete your account or request that your details are no longer stored with us.
- a record of the goods and services (including a copy of your full customer file) we provide to you for will be retained for 7 years
Please note that we may anonymise your personal data or use it for statistical purposes. We keep anonymised and statistical data indefinitely, but we take care to ensure that such data can no longer identify or be connected to any individual.
How you can make a complaint -
If for any reason you are unhappy with the way we are using your data, please contact us – Teresa’s Boutique address or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Teresa’s Boutique will review and update this policy from time to time.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (www.teresasboutique.com) or please do email me for the latest version – email@example.com
This policy was created on 28 March 2020.